Performance and Risk Manager (x2) - Grade K (£47,841 to £52,866)
About Barnet Council
Barnet is a borough with much to be proud of. Our excellent schools, vibrant town centres, vast green spaces and diverse communities all help make it a great place to live and work. As a council we want to build on these strengths as we move into the future. We are growing and developing as an organisation to meet the challenges facing our borough, and we are committed to working with partner organisations and residents to make Barnet even better. As an organisation, our staff are committed to Our Values – We Care, We Can Be Trusted, We Work Together, We Value Diversity, We Embrace Change and Innovation – which drive everything we do.
About the role
We’re looking for two Performance and Risk Managers to join the Programmes, Performance and Risk (PPR) team in Growth and Corporate Services (due to the current managers moving into new roles). The PPR team oversees the council’s approach to programmes, performance and risk management; providing assurance on the delivery of outcomes in support of the council’s strategic priorities; as well as providing business support to the council management team and senior management team in Growth and Corporate Services. One Manager will focus on monitoring our corporate activity; whilst the other Manager will focus on monitoring our strategic contracts, including with Capita (CSG) and Re.
You will develop, maintain and promote a robust and effective performance and risk management regime; working collaboratively across the council and with strategic contractors to support and challenge services and ensure the council achieves effective outcomes for residents. Immediate priorities will include:
- Working with the Strategy team to establish outcome-based performance metrics for the new Barnet Plan
- Developing a new monitoring framework for reporting on the Barnet Plan to senior officer meetings, partnership meetings and committees
- Producing new reports/dashboards for reporting performance and risk information to senior officer meetings, contract and partnership meetings, boards and committees
- Leading a review of the performance management system (BarnetPerforms), incorporating consultation with stakeholders, recommendations for change, and implementing any changes
- Implementing the review of the monitoring framework for contractual performance and risk, including escalations and reporting to contracts and partnership meetings and committees
- Producing the contracts performance report for Financial Performance and Contracts Committee
- Supporting the Year 6/7 review of strategic contracts with Capita
- Establishing an annual programme of research/analysis, incorporating benchmarking information, and writing briefing papers to support improvement activity - linking in with the new Insight and Intelligence Hub.
You will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organisation. You will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of performance and risk management; have practical experience of developing systems in Microsoft Excel, writing reports and creating dashboards; an ability to interpret complex subject areas and problem solve; and display excellent judgement and political awareness.
What we offer
- 30 days annual leave, plus public and bank holidays
- Work-life balance options may include flexitime, home working
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Employee well- being training programmes.
How to apply
Click on the apply button on our website where you will find the job listed. Please read through job profile and complete the online application form. CVs will not be accepted. If you would like any further information about the role before applying please contact Alaine Clarke, Head of Programmes, Performance and Risk on 0208 359 2658 or firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date is Sunday 6 December 23:59.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.