Progression to Adulthood Business Support Officer
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a pilot project, trialling new ways of working to maximise independence and improve employment opportunities for young people with Care Act eligible needs. We are seeking a dynamic team who together will be enthusiastic, creative, bold, caring and effective at delivering better outcomes for our young people with Autism, Social Emotional Mental Health, Physical and Sensory impairments and complex health needs.
The team will consist of a Team Manager, 5 Social Workers (some with specific focuses), an OT, a PtA officer and a member of Business Support.
The Progression to Adulthood Team will embrace all interventions and approaches that are embedded within the Adult Social Care; utilising a Strengths-Based Approach, managing demand and maximising independence through early intervention and prevention via the VSC offer. The Team will work across Children’s and Adults services, engaging people from the age of 17 yrs offering relevant support which might include Care Act Assessments. Social Worker will undertake Ready Steady Go assessment that will ground/evidence support plans, ensuring they are outcome focused. We want to create plans that ensure young people are linked into their local community, building on a sense of belonging, having detailed conversation about training and employment choices, and linking to appropriate employment pathways.
The successful candidate will:
- be eager to support practitioners to trial new ways of working.
- be able to understand the teams role and be confident in being the first point of contact, managing phone call and processing referrals
- be motivated to develop information to support the work of practitioners and families
- will have open and honest communication to support working in a challenging and evolving environment
- be able to capture evidence via the PtA Evaluation Framework which will feed into monthly Highlight Report, and ultimately inform a wider service transformation following the year pilot
Closing date: 22 November 2020
Interview date: 30 November 2020