Management Support Officer - Fixed Term Contract 18 Months
The role will support the Head of Public Health in her duties to deliver the functions of Public Health and to support her in the additional duties brought on by Public Health’s key role in dealing with COVID. Additionally, the role will provide administrative support to the Public Health team members and their work with the three multi-agency groups delivering on the actions with Council’s Wellbeing Strategy.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Wokingham Public Health team and play a part in protecting the health and wellbeing of our local community. Join the team and become part of history by being directly involved in helping people stay safe from COVID-19.
As well as being a key player supporting the Council’s efforts to combat COVID-19 you will be joining the Public Health team at a very exciting time. The team is currently restructuring the work programme and refocussing our efforts to offer our residents the best opportunities to improve their wellbeing. As well as key internal partners you will be part of a team working closely with organisations across neighbouring authorities, the NHS and voluntary and community sector.
You will be working for the Head of Public Health (Consultant in Public Health) supporting her busy and demanding schedule. You will also be working with, and fully supported by, members of the Public Health team to help drive through the actions to deliver on the Wokingham Wellbeing Strategy.
We are looking for someone with:
• Extensive administrative organisational experience who can handle an ever changing busy environment
• Experience of dealing with confidential information with discretion, tact and sensitivity
• A high standard of accuracy and attention to detail
• Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people at all levels and is comfortable dealing with people at senior level
• Excellent IT skills, including advanced knowledge of MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Proven ability to work effectively under pressure, balance conflicting demands and manage multiple tasks
• A professional demeanour with a collaborative approach
This post is for eighteen months in the first instance with the possibility of being made permanent. We are open to secondments or appointments, please discuss with your line manager if you are seeking a secondment.
For an informal discussion, please contact Carol-Anne Bidwell on 07824 472601
Closing date : 11 PM on 22 November 2020
Interviews: 02/12/2020 and 03/12/2020, subject to change
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.