The main purpose of this role is to manage the delivery of cyclical plant maintenance to all relevant equipment including M&E plant and installations, fire cover, emergency equipment etc. to ensure all servicing provides mandatory & statutory compliance. Evaluate and instruct remedial works from feedback from servicing contractors including evaluating contractors costings.
As Compliance officer you will review asbestos management surveys, instruct remedial works and re-inspections. Evaluate & instruct remedial works following legionella service visits/sampling. Provide asbestos and legionella management including advice and management of emergency projects for both asbestos and legionella in accordance with the relevant codes of practice and regulations.
- Manage cyclical servicing programmes and to ensure statutory compliance.
- Identify works highlighted by surveys and turn into instructions to contractors and manage the delivery of those works through to completion
- Contributes to the management of the maintenance budget - circa £5m (no direct budgetary responsibility)
Alongside the building surveyor team, arrange and attend contract management meetings with term contractors undertaking servicing.
- Monitor performance of contractors: record KPI’s, resolve disputes and escalate issues where required.
- Seamless delivery of projects and /or audits to input into relevant strategies Control delivery, inform budgets, forecast programming and planning
Provide guidance and support to stakeholders and customers as required and ensure policy and specification compliance
- Support the Maintenance Manager as required with emergencies relating to asbestos & legionella.
- Conduct site inspections to monitor statutory compliance.
- Monitor Government and Public Health England advice with regards to Covid-Secure building guidance and ensure communication of updates to the relevant Property teams.
- Support the Maintenance Manager and liaise with the ESCC Health & Safety team to implement and follow Health & Safety legislation and guidance across Property