You will be responsible for enabling online delivery of courses across all Medway Adult Education courses. Ensure we are delivering consistently and with excellence online as we do with classroom delivery. You will work collaboratively with programme managers to develop new online content, with a variety of different pedagogical styles.
You will be required to work with ICT to ensure that all software is appropriate and used to full capacity. Manage the use of all online delivery software, including our virtual learning environment. Work with communications and IT to ensure that videos are edited to a high quality, with clear messaging and branding. Ensure all digital content is of a sufficient standard to be published.
The post will be managed by the Work Skills Programme Manager.
In order to succeed you will need to have
- Demonstrable experience of managing and publishing online content
- Demonstrable experience of video editing and creating content that engages audience
- Wide ranging knowledge of numerous IT systems
- Demonstrable technical/specialist/policy and procedural knowledge and experience of applying that knowledge to create practical solutions
- Experience of teaching principles and how teaching can be applied online
- Experience of providing training and support in a wide range of topics
- Good general level of education with GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English at grade 9 – 4 (A* - C)
- IT qualification at degree level and relevant experience.
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- Assisted car purchase scheme
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager call Daniel Ratcliff 01634 338399.
Please note that in accordance with current COVID-19 Government guidelines, in regards to social distancing, all interviews are likely to be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, if your application is successfully shortlisted.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.