This is a Fixed Term Contract for 2 Years.
We are looking for a motivated and commercially minded employee to join our Medway Adult Education. The post-holder will be responsible for driving Medway Adult Education’s commercial services, working with any potential customers to build existing or developing new services. You will need to develop and deliver the service commercial plan, working closely with colleagues across the service to ensure that it is in keeping with wider service objectives and capabilities. Particularly focus on building our apprenticeship delivery arm, and fee earning courses.
You will also lead on marketing and communications for the service, liaising closely with Medway’s Communications team on the production of the annual directories and marketing plan. Develop plans for social media and drive brand awareness.
You will be a member of the Medway Adult Education Management team.
In order to succeed you will need to have
- An understanding business and commercial operations
- Demonstrably detailed knowledge the sales process and closing sales
- Demonstrable examples of developing services based on business or customer need.
- Experience of managing projects
- Good general education at Level 3 (‘A’ level or equivalent)
- Level 2 equivalent or above in English and maths
- Degree in a business related field and demonstrable experience
- Experience of working within education, adult education and apprenticeships
- Marketing experience within an adult learning environment
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- Assisted car purchase scheme
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager call Daniel Ratcliff 01634 338399.
Please note that in accordance with current COVID-19 Government guidelines, in regards to social distancing, all interviews are likely to be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, if your application is successfully shortlisted.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.