The post-holder will be responsible for the day-to-day co-ordination of essential operational functions to support the delivery of MAE services, as recorded in the service plan. You will be responsible for working with the Council’s finance team during the annual budget preparation process and ensuring budget monitoring returns are accurately completed within the corporate deadlines. Responsible for authorising requests for resources, ensuring requests are affordable and justified.
You will be responsible for implementing projects, particularly relating to new customer focused, commercial projects. This work will be across the whole service and will require collaborative working. The post is part of the MAE management team and has line management responsibilities.
In order to succeed you will need to have
- An understanding of safeguarding and a commitment to creating a safe learning environment
- Demonstrably detailed knowledge of Local Government financial procedures
- Up-to-date knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Demonstrable ability to use advanced theoretical/practical/procedural/organisational/policy knowledge across a specialist area
- Experience of managing projects
- Good general education at Level 3 (‘A’ level or equivalent)
- Level 2 equivalent or above in English and maths
- High level of competence in the use of IT (to approximately Level 3 standard) (including Word, Excel, Outlook, EBS, Moodle and other applications relevant to adult learning delivery).
- Project Management qualification or demonstrable experience of managing projects
- Management qualification such as CMS or equivalent or demonstrable relevant senior management experience
- Hold a NEBOSH award
- Accountancy qualification – AAT Level 4 or equivalent
- Experience of working within and examinations environment and liaising with awarding bodies
- Marketing experience within an adult learning environment
- Experience of risk assessment and planning for contingency
- Working knowledge of current ESFA funding criteria and methodologies
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- Assisted car purchase scheme
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager call Daniel Ratcliff 01634 338399.
Please note that in accordance with current COVID-19 Government guidelines, in regards to social distancing, all interviews are likely to be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, if your application is successfully shortlisted.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.