Workshop & Fleet Support Officer
Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Scale 5 £25,137- £27, 483
Working in conjunction with the Fleet Operations Manager, Workshop supervisors, and the fleet Development Officer, the workshop & fleer support officers’ primary role is to undertake all workshop, service and fleet administration functions.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role and proven knowledge and customer service skills. Ideally from a main dealer background thorough knowledge of light and heavy commercial vehicle service procedures is essential.
- Booking vehicles into the technical workshop.
- Liaising with internal and external customers.
- Liaising with the technical workshop to keep track of the vehicles’ progress and ensuring the vehicle is ready at the promised time.
- updating customers whilst their vehicles are in our workshop, handing over vehicles after service work and maintaining ongoing relationships with your customers.
- Maintaining thorough product Maintaining good housekeeping standards and orderly administration of your work.
- Raising job cars, parts ordering and invoicing.
About our requirements
We expect you to demonstrate some skills that will prove very beneficial in the position, including:
- Customer awareness.
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Confident and professional communication skills.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. 2. your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight, 26th November 2020
Interview Date: TBC
The standard process is for posts to be advertised on the Councils redeployment and internal site concurrently, however those members of staff that are at risk of redundancy and on the Council’s redeployment register will be considered first.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to know more about the role, please email: Julian.email@example.com or call on on 0208 132 2303 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.