Directorate: Development and Environment
Starting salary: JG5:- £22,183 per annum
Location: Based in Castlewood, Clevedon
Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 13 November 2020
North Somerset Council has an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual who has recently graduated or has extensive experience and knowledge in Civil/Structural Engineering works.
North Somerset Council is a forward-thinking authority using the latest Highway Structures maintenance techniques to manage its network and you will play a key role in this essential function.
Typical duties will include:
- Lead on the delivery of revenue schemes designs, as well as providing support to the Lead Engineer within the team on various design and maintenance duties including:
- Production of designs and works specifications, to deliver small masonry repair works, organising annual de-vegetation to highway structures such as, bridges and retaining walls.
- Carrying out site inspections to Road Traffic Collision sites of Highway Vehicle Restraint Systems, production of works specification and managing the required repairing works to the damaged vehicle restraint systems.
- Collection of all the relevant information from road traffic collisions to vehicle restraint systems and submitting the required information to solicitors for vehicular insurance claims for damage.
- Providing regular up to date information for the Highway Structures Asset Management system.
- Production of construction drawings of small revenue projects using AutoCAD.
- Organising, submission of streetworks notices and booking road space to deliver projects within the team.
- Assisting senior engineers in delivering projects. As well as, working with external consultants and internal project teams to deliver Highway Structures Maintenance works.
Our assets which mainly comprise of bridges, retaining walls and culverts play a sometimes unseen but essential role in the lives of residents, business and visitors alike.
The post holder should be educated to a minimum NVQ level 3 in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject.
Your drive to progress will be rewarded with career development, an interesting and varied workload and a great working environment.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Darren Gilbert or Chandan Bhumpelly on 07881267472 / 07776170223
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: To be confirmed