This is an excellent 13 month fixed-term contract or secondment opportunity to be part of a team delivering an exciting strategic programme of transformational change at Surrey County Council to implement Unit 4 ERP and Proactis, as a fully integrated Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) ERP solution to replace our existing SAP system which supports business critical Finance, HR, Payroll and Procurement processes.
Tell me more…
You will be joining at the start of the Build stage and will be managing the Training work stream, which involves leading the planning and delivery of all required training in the new ERP system. For more information on the position, please review the attached Job Description.
What sort of person are we looking for?
- You relish a challenge and will be excited by this opportunity to have a lead role working with stakeholders from across the organisation including Finance, HR, Procurement, Business Operations, IT & Digital, directorates and the Systems Integrator partner to fulfil your role
- You are highly experienced in leading training delivery in a complex IT-enabled organisational change context, preferably Enterprise Resource Planning implementations
- You are skilled and experienced in analysing training needs, planning and delivering training across complex organisations with varied stakeholder needs
- You have extensive experience in coordinating training delivery working with trainers from across an organisation using a Train the Trainer approach
- You have significant experience in the creative development of training materials, both traditional and using other media to achieve successful training outcomes
- You will be excellent at communicating and building relationships with stakeholders, programme team members, the Systems Integrator and ERP vendor
- You will have a collaborative work style, coordinating and providing direction to trainers and other team members to enable them to contribute effectively and fulfil their responsibilities in the delivery of training
- You will be an excellent team player, the sort or person that thrives working in a group of people all tasked with completing a large, complex, interdependent and ambitious task!
The small print…
You will be an agile worker, working remotely from home and from offices in the north west of Surrey based on the needs of the programme. The Council is in the process of acquiring new office spaces across Surrey to be in place during 2021, including within the north west of the county, but a specific permanent location for the programme is still to be confirmed.
The role may also require travel to sites across the county when required. Remote working is fully supported with provision of a light-weight laptop and remote access technology.
The role will start at the beginning of the Build stage of the programme from 4th January 2021 and run for 13 months to 4th February 2022.
Interested? Here’s how to apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply including an expression of interest in the role and a copy of your CV by 23:59 2nd November 2020. We will follow up with applicants directly regarding selection steps shortly after the advert closes.Job Advert
This is a 13 month secondment / fixed term contract.
For more information or an informal discussion about the role, please contact Andrew Richards via email at andrew.richards@Surreycc.gov.uk
This advert closes at 23:59 on 10.11.2020 with interviews to follow shortly after.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.Company Information
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.