Directorate: Development and Environment
Starting salary: JM1:- £32,234 per annum
Location: Based in Castlewood, Clevedon
Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 13 November 2020
North Somerset Council has an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual who is graduated in Civil Engineering and has considerable experience in Structural Engineering Design and Construction.
North Somerset Council is a forward-thinking authority using the latest Highway Structures maintenance techniques to manage its network and you will play a key role in this essential function.
Typical duties will include:
- Lead on the delivery of capital schemes structural designs, as well as providing support to the Lead Engineer, within a team, on various design and maintenance duties including:
- Planning, programming, and cost estimation.
- Carry out site surveys, inspections and supervision of construction sites.
- Prepare technical reports such as, Approval in Principle (AIP), Feasibility/Options Report, Inspection/Assessment Reports, and other technical documents.
- All aspects of structures design and assessment.
- Reviewing design drawings.
- Production of works specifications.
- Proficiency in production of construction drawings using AutoCAD.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards such as, Eurocodes, DMRB, and other relevant national standards.
- Planning, organising required consents from relevant stakeholders such as Network Rail and Environmental Agency, and delivering annual Principal Inspections (PI’s) to the highway structures, mainly Bridges.
- Working with external consultants and providing technical support to other internal project teams.
Our assets which mainly comprise of bridges, retaining walls and culverts play a sometimes unseen but essential role in the lives of residents, business and visitors alike.
The post holder should be educated to a minimum Degree level (BEng or equivalent) in Civil Engineering.
Your drive to progress will be rewarded with career development, an interesting and varied workload and a great working environment.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Darren Gilbert or Chandan Bhumpelly on 07881267472 / 07776170223.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: To be confirmed