Grant Surveyor Care and Repair Elmbridge (CARE)
3-year fixed term, part-time
£39,877 - £46,475 per annum pro rata
As a qualified surveyor, we need you to provide support and advice to clients on the technical aspects of repairs and adaptions to their home.
Our Care and Repair team provides a home improvement service to our residents including home assessments and support with grant applications. As a grant surveyor, you will design suitable schemes of repair, improvement to domestic property and adaptations in collaboration with Occupational Therapists to meet the needs of our client’s.
You will draw up plans and specifications of works, managing the tendering process to obtain costs from contactors, recommending schemes and costs for approval, obtaining external permissions and approvals, monitoring and managing works on site through to satisfactory conclusion.
You will do all of this to allow our clients to live independently.
You will have:
- A general building qualification such as HNC/HND
- A corporate or professional membership of a construction related professional body ie RICS/ CIOB/ CABE or similar
- Relevant experience of dealing with contractors and members of the public on housing/construction related matters.
- Demonstrable experience of housing maintenance and adaptation.
- Recent experience of drawing up detailed specifications and producing tender documentation.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and monitoring contractors’ work, administering and analysing building contracts.
- Relevant experience surveying properties and creating schedules of dilapidations.
- Proven track record of identifying and meeting the needs of elderly or vulnerable people in their own homes.
We know we ask a lot but we give a lot too. We are progressive organisation, committed to supporting the people of Elmbridge and that commitment extends to our employees.
- Wellbeing: When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to healthy walks – the options are there for you.
- Learning and development: We all know learning doesn’t stop when you leave university, it is an ongoing journey and we will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan.
- Flexibility: With our commitment to flexible working, you will be able to find work / life balance.
Find out more about our housing service on our website: https://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/housing/
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Helen, Care Team Manager on 01372 474602.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 16 November