New Homes Technical Design Manager
£56,754 - £59,988 p.a
We are expanding our team to increase our capacity to deliver even more genuinely affordable new homes in Islington.
We are looking for a skilled Technical Design Manager to provide technical support on all schemes across our development programme. You will take the lead in design, quality and technical issues from inception to completion, whilst ensuring projects meet our design and quality requirements.
As Technical Design Manager you will:
- Support the New Homes Development Team with advice on technical and quality related matters at all stages of the development process
- Lead on performance and quality management of commissioned design services including development and production of standardised commissions, service requirements and KPI’s for design services
- Draft, review, update and manage the Council’s design brief and specification for all tenures ensuring consultation with all key internal stakeholders
- Develop and manage project design reviews aligned to RIBA gateway stages, including specification and commissioning of additional technical advisory services as required to ensure the council’s required design standards are achieved
- Support the Development Project Managers to review potential value engineering opportunities whilst maintaining quality
- Take a lead role in implementing our plans to decarbonise new homes and support the management of environmental impacts from development through sustainable design
Come and join our dedicated New Build Team and help us deliver the biggest council home building scheme in Islington for a generation.