Required for January 2021
The Governors of this successful, popular and thriving school are seeking to appoint a Learning Mentor who can make a real difference to children at our school. At Farnborough Road Juniors, we are passionate about providing excellent pastoral care for children who may be experiencing social, emotional, behavioural or mental health barriers to their learning and this new role will be key in helping this to continue in the future.
We are seeking an outstanding team member who would be willing to go that `extra mile' in supporting children to achieve their full potential.
The role involves many aspects at our school. Our Learning Mentor will be involved in:
- one to one support for children with social, emotional or behavioural barriers to learning
- providing targeted support for children experiencing mental health issues, in collaboration with other agencies
- small group support to deliver targeted interventions
- working with colleagues to set up short term goals for pupils and supporting pupils to achieve these
- parenting advice and support / signposting to Child and Family Well Being Services
- being part of the school Safeguarding Team
- liaising with the Senior Leadership Team and holding meetings and reviews as required
- liaising with the Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator and external support agencies
- behaviour support over lunch time play.
We are looking for someone who understands primary school aged children, with experience and a proven track record in demonstrating positive outcomes for children. This could come from a school background or from work in other agencies.
We look forward to hearing about your experience in your letter of application. If you are selected for interview this will involve a question and answer session and a task which will be presented on the day.
At this current time, we discourage unnecessary visits to the school during the school day. We would welcome telephone calls by prospective candidates who wish to discuss the Learning Mentor role, the characteristics of the school and to answer any questions you may have about the position. After school visits can also be facilitated.
Enhanced Disclosure: Due to the nature of the work, this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful candidate must be able to obtain a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure (via the Disclosure and Barring Service) in order to be appointed to the post.