Do you have the ability to see the big picture and evaluate the business impact of issues? Do you think creatively to improve business and product services as well as customer experience? We've taken steps to strengthen the strategic and corporate focus of the organisation and change for the better our relationship with customers and communities. Integral to this will be ensuring strategic and intelligence led decision making and we are recruiting to a brand new position to make this happen.
We are looking for exceptional, forward thinking candidates to take the lead on data analytics and a leading role in driving performance through insights so that we become a cutting-edge data driven organisation to create better outcomes for our communities and improve customer experience.
Your core remit will be to drive the business towards a data first approach and ensure insights are driven on a local basis. As part of a centre of excellence, you will be the go-to person for data and insight analytics and will work with stakeholders across all business divisions and external partners to communicate the 'so what' to Senior Leadership Teams to drive timely, actionable recommendations.
You will be part of a brand new directorate leading on a fresh approach to how we work with our communities and how we use insight to deliver effective transformational change. If you are commercially-driven and socially-minded and you want to work within a strong, forward thinking like-minded team you should seriously consider joining us.
What you'll be doing
- Leading, managing and developing corporate KPI monitoring and performance reporting, ensuring it interlocks with strategy, to drive and embed a performance culture across the council and evidence progress and achievements against the Council’s strategic priorities
- Maximising the value of data and insight assets, through analysis and interpretation of data to produce timely, actionable recommendations that influence strategy, business decision making and transformation of service delivery to make a positive difference to the outcomes for our communities
- Pro-active critical analysis and interpretation of complex data to define the ‘so what’ and communicate to Senior Leadership Teams
We’d love to meet someone with
- Ability to see the big picture and evaluate the business impact of issues and prioritise various requests.
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with other teams to understand the ‘so what’ behind trends and performance
- Ability to think creatively to improve business and product services as well as customer experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, able to think critically and with curiosity about information sources
- Ability to function as a self-starter with strong communication skills, able to communicate recommendations, clearly, concisely and compellingly to senior stakeholders and the wider business
- Adaptability, flexibility and able to multi task
- Commitment to continuous development of their craft and pro-active engagement with insight networks
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
- Closing date: 11pm, 23 November 2020
- Interview date: 7-11 December 2020
- For an informal discussion, please contact: Laura Callan on 07824477800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org