Do you want to be part of a creative and vibrant Virtual School providing support to children in care so that they achieve their full educational potential? Then this job is for you!
The Virtual School works with all children and young people who are in the care of Halton. We provide support to each child based on their needs and abilities. We look to engage with our children in creative and innovative ways so that we can help embed the learning they do in school and also enhance their skills and life chances. We also work with professionals and carers to ensure that every one has high aspirations for the educational outcomes of our children.
As the successful candidate for the Education Support Worker at Halton Virtual School you will:
- Be a highly skilled and experienced teacher who has developed and implemented creative learning interventions outside the classroom to engage children and young people in additional learning opportunities
- Be highly skilled in modelling good learning support strategies and promoting a positive and productive learning environment.
- Have experience of working with vulnerable and disadvantaged children and young people across the age ranges, including children in care and those with additional needs.
- Have the ability to identify potential barriers to learning and provide advice and guidance to other professionals and carers/parents on how to develop creative strategies to overcome these barriers
- Have the ability to forge strong working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Have experience of working in complex multi-disciplinary and multi-agency contexts.
- QTS is an essential criteria for this role
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact - Sharon Williams, Headteacher of the Virtual School, 0151 511 7391
Please refer to the Person Specification when completing your application.
Interviews will be held on 7th December 2020
Interviews will be held remotely using Skype for Business. All candidates will need access to Skype for Business and must have a laptop/PC with a webcam and speakers.