Recycling and Waste Local Authority Trading Company - North Somerset
Salary: £85,000 per annum, plus benefits
Location: North Somerset area
An exciting opportunity has opened for an existing or aspiring Managing Director to spearhead the future strategic and operational direction of a new waste and recycling collection company based in North Somerset.
As the Managing Director, you will provide the strategic leadership and vision for the company, to ensure the ambitions of both the Shareholder (Council) and the company itself are achieved. The MD holds the primary responsibility for delivery of high-quality and efficient services to the Council, as the key client, and creating new and ambitious income streams.
Your key role will lead this exciting new business to achieve essential growth objectives, whilst improving current levels of performance, efficiency and providing an excellent quality of care to current and future clients. With full responsibility and reporting to the Chair and Shareholders, you will be accountable for all activities of the LATC. You will develop and execute a business plan, which delivers against financial objectives and quality targets, whilst ensuring that the organisation meets all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
To be considered:
The ideal candidate will be an existing head of, operational or managing director of a similar organisation in either the private or public sector, with significant experience of successfully delivering waste or other relevant operational services. Of equal importance, the candidate must demonstrate the commerciality and entrepreneurial mindset to be successful in transforming local authority services into a focused commercial enterprise. Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills are a must.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering a 5-year business plan to grow the business as envisaged
- Proactively identifying opportunities to create and launch new services into the market that fit the new vision and strategies agreed with the shareholder (Council).
- Ensuring the company delivers a 'best in class' service with a first-class customer journey
INTERESTED? Please send a CV to YourNeighbourhood@n-somerset.gov.uk. For further information please contact:
- Lucy Shomali, Director of Development and Environment for North Somerset Council (Lucy.Shomal@n-somerset.gov.uk)
- Colin Russell, Waste and Recycling Service Manager for North Somerset Council (Colin.Russell@n-somerset.gov.uk)
- Gemma Dando, Assistant Director of Neighbourhood Management for North Somerset Council (Gemma.Dando@n-somerset.gov.uk)