Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Sunday 01 November 2020
Interview date: TBC
For an informal discussion, please contact Amanda Glover, Operations Manager, Safeguarding Development Team on 07999 019186
About the role
The post offers an exciting opportunity to engage with operational teams and partner agencies in the development of safeguarding practice as set out in the Care Act 2014.
Key areas of focus in the role will be:
- Providing expert consultation on complex safeguarding cases including independent chairing of multi-agency enquiry meetings;
- Support to teams and other agencies in relation to safeguarding enquiries and safeguarding adult reviews;
- Thematic audit activity with a view to supporting the Safeguarding Adults Board in identifying key priorities and strategic development across the county;
- To help shape departmental policy and procedure and to embed knowledge in teams through briefings and training sessions;
- The use of Making Safeguarding Personal practice to provide direct support and mentoring on safeguarding to operational teams across Adult Social Care
You will need to be motivated, organised, committed to safeguarding and driven to ensuring positive outcomes for adults.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to http://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. Please note that we require evidence of an overseas police check if you have lived or worked abroad.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.