Salary range: £55,854 - £59,625 p.a. plus inner London weighting of £3,270
Hours of work: 36 hours per week
Location: Civic Centre and other locations from time to time
Make a Difference
Brent is a tremendously vibrant London borough where the iconic arch of Wembley Stadium dominates the skyline. Spanning both inner and outer London, it is a borough of huge contrasts in terms of its economic, environmental, ethnic and social make up. Brent’s diversity is evident to all who visit our borough and our long history of ethnic and cultural diversity has created a place that is truly unique and valued by those who live and work here.
The council is pursuing a far-reaching transformation agenda that better meets the needs of our community so it is an exciting time to join us.
We are seeking to recruit a dedicated Inclusion Support Team Manager to join our highly effective SEND Outreach Service. The new post holder will lead a team of committed staff who provide advice and support to schools and parents on exclusion and alternative provision issues.
You will have management experience in education and/or social care and have a passion to ensure all SEND pupils have high quality education and provision and a commitment to ensure the delivery of good outcomes for SEND pupils.
• Provide support and challenge to mainstream schools in relation to inclusion and behaviour strategies
• To advise schools in implementing teaching, learning and behaviour for learning strategies appropriate to the needs of children and young people with SEMH, including where appropriate collaborative and model teaching.
• To reduce exclusions from schools and improve engagement with learning and reintegration
• To ensure the LA delivers the statutory functions for excluded pupils.
• To promote effective multi agency working, including early help and team around the child in order to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people.
• To support schools in raising the achievement of children and young people with social emotional and mental health difficulties
• Lead a team to deliver high impact, intervention strategies for children and young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
We require a highly motivated and resilient professional with a commitment to improving the lives of our more vulnerable children and families in the borough.
Our ideal candidate will be a resilient professional who has experience of working directly with young people at risk and providing advice and guidance to other professionals. They will have a strong background in education and/or social care, a sound understanding of safeguarding issues, and an ability to build successful relationships with parents and carers from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds. A good understanding of education and inclusion issues and good practice related to SEND is vital.
Closing Date: 1 November 2020 (23:00)
Assessment & Interview Date: To Be Confirmed
Brent Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community. We positively encourage all applicants to self-identify their characteristics in the diversity survey section in the application.
We are committed to safer recruitment and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants should be aware that posts working with children, young people and vulnerable adults are subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Brent has a positive approach to flexible working.
As a disability confident employer Brent welcomes applications from people with all disabilities, including hidden disabilities and mental health conditions. We will interview any disabled applicant who meets the essential criteria. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made to any part of the recruitment process due to your disability, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the information you provide will be treated fairly and confidentially.
Please note CVs will not be considered as part of your application for this position.