The Council’s Housing Assets and Property team has undertaken a restructuring of its service earlier in the year. The service is responsible for the maintenance, servicing and improvement of the Council’s social housing stock of 11,000 social rented and 6,000 leaseholder homes. It is an exciting time to join the service with the ongoing transformation of the service as part of the new Place Delivery structure.
We are now moving forward with the recruitment of permanent staff to a number of roles within the structure. We are looking for customer-focussed staff who are keen to have a positive impact on our residents.
This role will have responsibility for providing a surveying service across the Assets and Property function. The service delivers repairs and maintenance, refurbishment works, disrepair works, major repairs and major improvement works. The successful candidate will play their part in the successful delivery of all of these services and expected:
• To make a positive contribution in delivering an excellent customer-focussed service.
• To inspect, diagnose and provide technical advice with regards to the service
• To project manage complex repair works from inception to completion
• To be part of a team that will oversee the delivery of void works, major repairs, planned maintenance programmes and disrepair works
• To be a member of the out of hour’s duty rota
• To support the team in implementing effective contract management
• To ensure that the service delivered is efficient and provides value for money
• To achieve key performance targets, as set by the Senior Surveyor
• To ensure that Health and Safety is paramount in all activities carried out in the delivery of the responsive repairs service.
This role is full-time (35 hours per week), with a combination of working in the office, home-working and being on site within the borough. The role may also involve occasional evening and weekend work.
This role is subject to Ealing's enhanced vetting process.
Closing date 5 November 2020