The Council’s Housing Assets and Property team has undertaken a restructuring of its service earlier in the year. The service is responsible for the maintenance, servicing and improvement of the Council’s social housing stock of 11,000 social rented and 6,000 leaseholder homes. This is an exciting time to join the team with the ongoing transformation of the service as part of the new Place Delivery structure.
We are now moving forward with the recruitment of permanent staff to a number of roles within the structure. We are looking for customer-focussed staff who are keen to have a positive impact on our residents.
This exciting role will have responsibility for the planning, management and co-ordination of a number of individual major, capital schemes delivering improvements to the Council’s housing stock across the Borough. The successful candidate will play their part in the successful delivery of the HRA Capital Programme and will be expected to:
• make a positive contribution in delivering an excellent customer-focussed service
• plan, co-ordinate and manage capital improvement projects
• co-ordinate the resident engagement in relation to the works
• ensure effective quality assurance on the capital works
• monitor the successful delivery of the works to programme and budget
• be effective in contract management
• be the council lead in all meetings with contractors
• ensure that Health and Safety is paramount in all activities carried out in the delivery of the capital projects
This is a full-time role (35 hours per week), with a combination of working in the office, home-working and being on site within the borough. The role may also involve occasional evening and weekend work.
This role is subject to Ealing's enhanced vetting process.
Closing Date 5 November 2020