Hackney Education is the Education department within Hackney Council. It provides a range of statutory and traded services to support the education of children, young people and adults in the borough. Our vision is to provide excellent education for every child, young person and adult learner.
Job title Improvement Project Manager
Salary PO8, £54,597 - £55,665
Terms and Conditions Part time (0.8 FTE – 28.8hrs per week), Permanent
Details of the role
The role of the Improvement Project Manager is to ensure we get the best service for clients by working alongside senior service managers and practitioners to secure the highest quality of service and the most effective and efficient organisation of services.
This senior role provides two major benefits. Firstly, to bring a professional business improvement perspective to service delivery, including the application of business process improvement and lean practices, business planning techniques and a ‘keep it simple’ approach to organisational design. Secondly, to add operational capacity and value to service managers through support for routine service delivery as well as new ways of working, digital applications, traded service development, and project management.
Overall, the role provides the means to secure effective and efficient engagement of systems and staff to achieve service and corporate objectives whilst keeping the focus on our customers.
Specific projects you’ll be progressing include:
- progressing existing Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) capital projects and looking to develop a more strategic approach to the development in-borough provision
- reviewing the Department's commissioned services
- a major review of the Post 16 years to 25 year old service offer and pathways
- devoluting non- statutory SEND resources to school consortia to reduce reliance on schools needing to access EHCP resources to meet needs.
Candidates selected for interview will demonstrate:
- programme and project management experience
- analytical skills
- their ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- extensive experience of having worked as a business process improvement consultant with senior service managers
- a proactive and self-motivating nature
- an understanding and ability to use lean principles when implementing a change, and
- a high level of proficiency using IT systems
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Joss Thomas Head of Improvement Programmes & Project (0208 820 7465)
The selection process will include a numeracy test. Plus, a presentation and panel interview. The tests will be done prior to the interviews and if successful candidates will be invited for interviews on w/c 16 November 2020.
Closing date: Sunday, 1st November 2020
Interviews: w/c 16 November 2020.
Hackney Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Hackney Education posts can be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.