We are delighted and excited to be offering a new post for an experienced Learning Mentor to work alongside the Leadership team to help shape our provision that is bespoke to meet the needs of individual children and their families.
The successful candidate will have experience of supporting children who have faced challenges and will be able to offer supportive advice and guidance to all stakeholders.
You should have a sound knowledge of protocols for Safeguarding within schools; experience of submitting paperwork at all levels of the Threshold of Needs; to have good professional relationships with external agencies; have excellent communication skills and to show empathy for the challenges that face some families.
Organisational skills are key to this position and you should be able to prioritise cases, direct a small group of Teaching Assistants form a Nurture perspective and have the qualities to engage and build the trust of individual children to ensure that they reach their full potential emotionally and ultimately enable them to academically achieve.
We have fantastic children at Waltham Leas Primary Academy, who we feel deserve the very best in all aspects of their education; staff are committed to providing the best possible education for all children and would now value the support that an experienced Learning Mentor would bring to further enhance our provision in removing barriers to learning.
The successful candidate will be required to:
● Have a good standard in literacy and numeracy.
● Have the ability to communicate effectively with pupils, parents, staff and outside agencies.
● Have a minimum of Level 2 Safeguarding, Team Teach and relevant experience within a school – candidates should not apply if they do not meet these criteria.
● Have knowledge of using CPoms
● Be able to work independently with individual or small groups of children.
We will provide the successful candidate with
● The opportunity to become part of an established and supportive team who are provided with regular in house training and ongoing CPD opportunities.
● Children who are enthusiastic learners.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers
For more information and an informal discussion regarding this post please contact:
Mrs Carol Shaw, Business Manager Tel: 01472 822419 firstname.lastname@example.org or
Mrs Claire Rigg, Headteacher Tel: 01472 822419 email@example.com