Qualified Social Worker (must be HCPC registered)
Sefton Children’s Social Care are looking for motivated and enthusiastic staff that can evidence good assessment and planning skills that will support improved outcomes for the children we are responsible for.
We would welcome applications from experienced social workers. We have excellent links with local universities to support social workers from their first year of practice, through progression and to maximise their continued professional development.
From us you will receive:
- Good quality, regular supervision
- Comprehensive workforce development programme
- Quarterly Practice and Performance Events, which are practitioner led
- Partnership with Research in Practice
- Opportunities to maximise your Social Work Development
- Contribute to the operational delivery of an effective Children’s Social Care Service as part of a team responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and young people by continuously improving outcomes.
- be responsible for social work provision including managing your own caseload whilst managing the reputation of the Department and Council and complying with national and service procedures and guidance.
- demonstrate an ability to identify and assess levels of risk and need (within statutory frameworks) in often complex situations and deliver protective and/or supportive services for children at risk, in need and/or looked after. This will include maintaining up to date multi agency assessments, plans and reviews.
- Keep the child’s record up to date and clearly reflect the journey of the child, capturing the child’s views, wishes and feelings, and demonstrating in assessments and plans how those views inform the work we do.
- Demonstrate an ability to work critically and reflect on your practice in order to improve and deliver improved outcomes for children.