Job Title: Residential Child Care Worker and Senior Residential Child Care Worker
Hours: Full Time -37 hours per week
Salary Range: Residential Child Care Worker £20,903 progressing to £27,741per annum (depending on experience) + Non-Contractual Market Forces.
Senior Residential Child Care Worker From £27,741 - £30,451 Per annum (depending on experience) + Non-Contractual Market Forces.
Our Residential Child Care Workers transform lives.
Hertfordshire County Council are opening a new children’s home in Hertford and are looking for Residential Childcare Workers and Senior Residential Childcare Workers. We want the best for our children and want them to be closer to their families and the communities that they know, living in high-quality homes that are designed around them.
The Hertford home, Bright Skies House, is an innovative model to support children who require intensive support. There are three self-contained, one bedroom flats which make up the home and each flat will incorporate a high level of dedicated support for the young person.
We understand the importance of getting it right for our young people and offering them the best we can be. You will join a hands on and committed team and have great access to training and a full multi-agency support network including health and education colleagues.
We understand the impact of trauma on children and are passionate about helping these young people find their strengths and explore what they want to achieve with their lives. We believe in nurturing positive relationships and are wholly dedicated to never giving up on a child. Bright Skies House is an uniquely dynamic and supportive place to work.
What we offer :
We train our staff in the well-established ARC (Attachment self-Regulation and Competency) model of trauma informed practice. ARC, pioneered by the Boston Trauma Centre, has been in place in Hertfordshire for 10 years.
All Hertfordshire County Council homes are rated as Good and Outstanding with Ofsted and this is the standard we continually commit to deliver.
• A compassionate individual who demonstrates patience and resilience, with the capacity to connect with teenagers. While bringing plenty of empathy to the role you are able to set boundaries.
• It would be ideal if you have experience of working with children or young people in a residential setting, but a passion for working with young people is essential.
• You are able to find and use creative ways to communicate with children; are quick to learn and willing to work flexibly and innovatively to meet the changing and challenging needs of the children.
• You are able form trusted relationships with young people in your care by supporting them with their social and emotional development and educational achievement. You know how to set boundaries and bring consistency to children’s lives as any good parent would.
• You will be able to use the ARC model as a therapeutic form of intervention to help teenagers make sense of their backgrounds and find a positive way forward.
• You will be required on occasion to use your own car for business, although you will have access to a Hertfordshire car whilst on shift, therefore a full clean driving licence is required.
Hertfordshire is a County of Opportunity; These roles will provide you with the opportunity to study for a fully-funded NVQ level 4 Children, Young Person and Family Practitioner. You will also be expected to work shifts including evenings, weekends, bank holidays and sleep-in duties. Additional payments are paid for out-of-hours work.
Hertfordshire County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all our employees. This includes:
• Competitive Salary plus Market forces payment.
• Tailored training to develop in your role.
• Free parking at all our sites
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Financial Wellbeing Scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out
• Strong links with university courses
• Work/life balance and staff wellbeing
• Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
• Excellent Career Development
• Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
• Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
• Shopping Discounts
• Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ATTACHED EMPLOYMENT AND REFERENCE PRO-FORMA FORM AND UPLOAD WHILE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION ALONG WITH A SUPPORTING STATEMENT.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.