We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Democratic Services Officer to join our small, friendly and dedicated Democratic Services Team, who provide advice and guidance to the Council, its various Committees and other decision-making bodies.
The main duties of the role involves co-ordinating and servicing meetings of the Council’s Committees, working closely with Councillors and Senior Officers, and preparing and publishing agendas, reports and minutes.
Previous experience of committees and/or meetings administration, including the production of agendas; attendance at meetings; the preparation and publication of Minutes is highly desirable. Applicants may have Local Government/Public Sector experience, looking to develop their career but we also welcome applications from candidates without previous direct experience in a Democratic Services environment, provided the candidate can demonstrate the skills required and an enthusiastic attitude.
Skills and experience:
- Good written, oral, interpersonal and IT skills
- Good organisation and presentation skills
- The ability to work effectively on your own initiative, under pressure and to tight deadlines
- The ability to display tact and discretion while working with Councillors, officers at all levels, external partners/stakeholders, and the public
- A flexible, proactive, customer-focused approach and ability to work effectively as part of a team
As several committee meetings take place during the evening please be aware that some evening work is a requirement and it is expected that you will work on average at least one evening per week, subject to the meeting programme.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Allison Parris, Principal Democratic Services Officer on 01732 876023 (Direct candidates only, strictly no agencies)
How to Apply
Please apply online. If this is not possible, please contact a member of the HR team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org