Surrey County Council and partner agencies in the SEND (special educational needs and disability) system are delivering a transformation programme to strengthen support for children with SEND and their families. We are committed to ensuring the voices of children, young people, parents/carers and staff are actively informing the changes we make, and that our understanding of progress is informed by their experience of those changes.
We are looking for a highly competent self-starter to join our programme management team and lead our co-production and engagement activity. You will have experience and proven success in engaging and involving stakeholders, including young people and families, through a variety of channels including digital. Experience of co-production for a public or third sector organisation would be an advantage.
It is essential that you can demonstrate the below. Please use these criteria when completing your application:
- Experience of engaging and involving service users and a range of professionals in activity to inform organisational change and/or co-production, preferably within the public sector or charity/Third sector
- Experience of working with partners at different organisations to deliver joined-up engagement activities across different channels and using a range of tools and techniques including face-to-face and online
- Experience of making complex information and processes engaging and easy to understand for a range of audiences
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills, with the ability to engage with different and diverse audiences using a variety of platforms
- Adaptive and creative problem solver, able to innovate within a challenging and changing landscape
- Effective project management, time-management and resilience skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, conflicting priorities and to deliver to deadline
- Able to manage complex stakeholder relationships to achieve consensus and action
- A general understanding of the SEND system and the associated agencies/stakeholders involved, as well as the national narratives around SEND
- A genuine interest in making a difference a delivering change for the people.
The post is based in the SEND Transformation Programme team and reports to the Service Manager for the SEND Transformation programme.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profileJob Advert
For administration purposes this role is based at Surrey County Council headquarters - County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston Upon Thames, however in the day to day delivery of the role the post holder can work from a number of council offices across Surrey and from home as appropriate for the activity.
Please note that Surrey County Council’s headquarters will be relocating back into Surrey in early 2021 to support our Community Vision 2030.Additional Information
To arrange an informal discussion please contact Helen Donelan-Bell, Service Manager SEND Transformation Programme by e-mail at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 15/11/2020 with interviews taking place on 30/11/2020.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.Company Information
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.