We are seeking to appoint a Clinical Specialist Occupational Therapist within Adult Social Care. This is a 12 month fixed term (funding limited project) opportunity until 30/11/2021.
The post will involve:
- reviewing all of the existing clients with double handed care to ensure their package of care is appropriate.
- working with Social Workers, Social Care Practitioners and the other OT’s to ensure that they are confident with commissioning single handed care as opposed to double handed care.
- providing support and training to providers so that they are confident to provide single handed care where they would traditionally provide double handed care.
- working with Health colleagues to ensure that individuals are discharged from hospital with the appropriate level of care.
- working with the Locality Managers to contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of the service plan and continuous improvement of the service.
You should have several years experience of working in an Adult Social Care setting, an up to date knowledge of single handed care, moving and positioning techniques and the appropriate equipment. You will be required to visit service users in their own home and therefore you will need the use of a car.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 28 days per annum rising to a maximum of 33 days.
We are ideally looking to offer the successful candidate the full number of hours advertised above. We may however consider offering less hours than advertised providing they meet the requirements of the role and service which will be determined by the recruiting manager.
For further information contact:- Hayley Havers – East Locality Team Manager (01635) 503527.