Mental Health social work in Kent has recently undergone really exciting transformation which has enabled us to develop a service based on recovery and social inclusion principles, designed to be accessible to anyone needing mental health and wellbeing support in both Primary and Secondary Care including those people who fall through the gaps between services.
The service which is co located with our health colleagues is now looking to appoint an Advanced Practitioner.
In this role, you will manage a small but complex number of cases which will require a high level of careful assessment, including taking the lead in safeguarding vulnerable adults. We are committed to working in co-production with service users and carers, within a recovery approach which maximises self-determination and empowerment. You will provide supervision to other social workers and a consultative service to other members of the multi disciplinary team. You will also provide professional leadership for the delivery of Key Social Care agendas. It is your inspiring professional social work knowledge that will see you advising at key meetings such as safeguarding case conferences. Constantly striving to improve the service through new initiatives, you will maintain awareness in your team of changes in legislation and related social care policies.
You will be an Approved Mental Health Professional with a degree in Social Work, CQSW/DipSW or equivalent and registered as a social worker with Social Work England, you will also have a recognised Post Qualifying qualification in Social Work. You must also possess:
- Significant diverse experience in working in integrated adult mental health services, and experience of complex Mental Health issues.
- Previous experience of mentoring and developing qualified Social Workers and other members of social care staff.
- Experience of research in evidence-based practice, leading to the evaluation and improvement of services and patient experience.
- A confident manner when dealing with emergency situations, plus exceptional negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- A good working knowledge of all relevant Mental Health and Social Care legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Awareness of KCCs policies and procedures, plus a thorough understanding of Social Work England and Social Work Reform Board requirements.
- An in-depth know-how of the Social Care models of intervention, plus a solid understanding of Care and Support planning and good knowledge of national and local initiatives relating to mental health and social care services.
We will support you through a mentoring scheme we are developing for this post and our Social Care Academy to achieve your career ambitions.
External applicants are currently eligible for a £3000 “Golden Hello” payment after appointment and a £2000 Market Premium payable upon re-approving as an Approved Mental Health Professional.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring service and registration as a qualified Social Worker with Social Work England.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
The ability to travel across a wide geographical area in a timely and flexible manner at various times of the day is essential.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.