Islington Digital Services
After undergoing a period of rebuilding and transition by bringing IT and Digital back into the Council as an in-house sovereign service, we are pleased to be recruiting to a number of exciting roles in Islington’s new Digital Services. We are now starting to deliver our approved business plan to:
- bring our current technology platforms up to date and fit for the future, supporting smart working to provide high-quality services;
- build an agile and customer focussed IT organisation that brings deep technical and business knowledge to how we deliver successful solutions that meet the needs of our residents;
- unlock the digital capabilities of our workforce in making the most of what technology can offer to transform services.
At the heart of IDS is the drive to invest in growing our internal skills and making IT the trusted go-to place where solutions are delivered quickly, delivering excellent value and integral to the way our Council does business. If you want to be part of this journey please get in touch.
You will be part of a small specialist team that works closely with our customers to realise the technology roadmap that supports the Council’s business and IT strategies. This is a hands-on role that will predominately focus on gathering and analysing data, defining current processes and functional and non-functional requirements, researching ‘best practices’, as well as identifying process improvements.
You will be collaborating with colleagues across the council and beyond, being able to deploy your analytical skills to support the successful delivery of our technology projects designed to help deliver the quality services our residents and businesses need.
The Islington Digital Services’ (IDS) Commercial and Risk function is responsible for the procurement and management of the Councils IT and Digital Assets. The Digital Assets team tracks hardware across its lifecycle and also provides assurance re software installations and Council’s license entitlements.
The Commercial Team are seeking a confident and resourceful Business Analyst who can lead on developing:
- An ICT and Digital Commercial Reference document which will include details of all live contracts (approximately 350) and respective annual budgets. The document will also be used as a spend tracker to identify savings and cost pressure through cross-reference with the Purchase Orders.
- Building and documenting an expanded ICT and Digital Asset register.
Both these deliverables will require extracting data from multiple existing sources in different formats and consolidating it into a single data source. The output documents will be used to provide multiple data and visual reports to the Senior Management team.
The IDS is currently responsible for managing the following assets:
- End-User Devices including Laptops and Tablets
- Desktops (Physical & Virtual)
- Servers (Physical & Virtual)
- SMART Phones, SIM Cards
- Voice and Data Circuits
- MFD’s and Printers
- Software and Business Applications
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience of working with Commercial teams, Budgets and managing Asset Register
- Excellent IT skills including development and use of macros, formulas, databases, forms, V-lookups and pivot tables
- Experience designing and producing reports and presentations illustrating reporting data in a variety of visual formats, e.g. graphs, charts, tables
- Strong/Excellent Analytical & Technical Skills
- Excellent data extraction, cleansing and manipulation skills e.g. SQL, Excel, VBA
- Ability to analyse, model and interpret data accurately and present complex information concisely to SMT
- Ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage with senior cross-functional stakeholders
- Understanding of CMDB and SCCM is desirable
Closing date: Sunday 25th October 2020 at 23:59
Proposed Interview Date: Thursday 12th November 2020
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Marie McNaney, ICT Asset Compliance Manager 0207 527 2013.