Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
Are you an experienced Registered manager with extensive experience of working with young people aged 11+ who are looked after? Are you knowledgeable about the issues facing this service user group and can demonstrate the skills required to manage a team to support young people often with Emotional and Behavioural difficulties?
Are you dynamic and motivated and prepared to drive change whilst delivering the best outcomes for our young people?
Do you have excellent up-to-date knowledge of Childcare legislation, Ofsted regulations, Children's Homes Regulations and Quality Standards and 2015?
Do you have professional experience in staff recruitment, management, supervision and staff development in a residential child care setting?
If you can answer YES to the above questions, we would love to hear from you.
About the role
We are offering a fantastic career opportunity for a Registered Manager to lead and manage one of our Residential Children's services, supporting young people under the age of 18. Merchiston House is a five-bedded home which provides a warm, caring and comfortable environment in which our young people are able to develop independent skills and achieve in education.
As the Registered Manager you will be accountable for the day to day running of the service and will be expected to maintain high standards of care and service delivery, ensuring compliance with the Children's Home Regulations and Quality Standards 2015. You will be expected to complete the registration process with Ofsted and achieve a minimum of a 'good' Ofsted rating.
You will be a role model for all staff in the service, working with integrity and passion, ensuring that all aspects of the service are aligned with the organisation's values and vision.
You will be passionate about safeguarding young people and will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- NVQ/QCF/ILM Level 4/5 in Children & Young People, Certificate in Management studies (CMS), or Diploma in Management/Business studies (DMS) or Diploma/Degree in Social Work, or any other Health or Social Care related field.
- You will have a significant experience working in a residential childcare setting.
- You will have 3 years management /supervisory experience.
- Experience of working with young people with emotional, behavioural difficulties, symptoms of trauma, anti social behaviour and unaccompanied asylum seeking young people.
- Ability to manage complex budgets.
- Experience of managing change
- Motivation, flexibility and sense of responsibility
- A strong problem solver with a "can do" attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and IT literacy
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlemen
- flexible working hours
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools
- cycle purchase scheme
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this exciting job opportunity, please contact Jenna Cowling -