We have an opportunity for a Team Manager for Rodney House and Langdown.
Rodney House and Langdown are residential services for adults with learning disabilities based in Walton-on-Thames and West Molesey. The two services are owned and operated by the YMCA with staff provided by Surrey County Council. This role is based in Service Delivery, which is the provider arm of the Health, Wellbeing and Adult Social Care Directorate, providing direct care to individuals living in their own homes and in-house residential establishments across the county. The service is registered with the Quality Care Commission (CQC) and works in accordance with good practice guidance and standards. Our Vision is to provide outstanding services and be an employer of choice with highly trained, passionate and dedicated staff.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the post holder must apply for and successfully become the CQC Registered Manager in line with CQC requirements. The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of the operational management of both services, supported by a team of assistant team managers, in order to ensure the care needs of people using the service are met in accordance with the CQC standards and current legislation. They will provide leadership to ensure the service has a high quality, person-centred focus and will promote a positive culture that is person-centred, open, inclusive and empowering. The role holder will systematically monitor and review the quality of the care provided to maintain high standards and take the lead on all operational Human Resource issues for the team as well as managing the budgets for the service. The post holder must also be willing and able to travel across the county to support other in-house residential services.
To be shortlisted, your application will clearly demonstrate:
- Why you want to take up this opportunity and what you can offer
- Relevant qualification or substantial experience of working in the service area
- High level working knowledge of relevant legislation and procedural frameworks and practice standards
- Proven experience of all aspects of staff management including dealing with complex HR issues
- Ability to manage budgets in accordance with financial procedures
- Proven written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with good negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Competent in a range of IT tools including MS Office and database management systems
- Understanding of the principles of confidentiality and information governance and how these apply to social care
- Ability to communicate with compassion and authority in challenging situations and with resistant individuals, be able to effectively engage with people in complex situations, both short-term and building relationships over time.
For more information, please see the full job description attached at the bottom of this page.Additional Information
For an informal discussion contact Sally Dickens on 07772 871095 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 31/10/2020 with interviews to follow.
A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.Company Information
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.