(including Personal Training)
Join the team at The Laura Trott Leisure Centre
• To apply quote this reference number: 1F043P
• 18 hours per week
• Up to £8.72 per hour depending on age
• Additional income available through personal training
commission at £18.80 per hour.
Broxbourne Borough Council is seeking to recruit people who are passionate about Health and Fitness.
The successful candidates will join the team at The Laura Trott Leisure Centre in Cheshunt with some
multi-site work at The John Warner Sports Centre in Hoddesdon.
Main responsibilities include:
• Providing friendly and supportive supervision in the gym
• Selling and delivering Personal Training to members
• Providing customer inductions, reviews, and fitness assessments
• Maintaining a clean and safe environment for gym users
• Daily, weekly and monthly gym and studio maintenance checks
• Advising on memberships and assisting the sales section
• Delivering gym floor small group circuit classes
This role requires a Personal Training Level 3 qualification, with the ability to demonstrate excellent
motivational and communication skills; conversing at ease with people and providing advice in fluent
English. Experience of carrying out inductions, fitness assessments, membership sales, retention
activities, and personal training are essential. Microsoft Office skills are also essential.
This role requires an enhanced disclosure check.
Broxbourne Council is committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this
The benefits package includes generous leave entitlement, a full training and development programme,
membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and free membership to the Council’s local
leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport
sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services.
Broxbourne Council is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Application forms must be submitted online quoting the above reference.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed at www.broxbourne.gov.uk/jobs
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.