Hertford Infant and Junior Schools are Federated, with a Senior Leadership team that work across both sites. This job is based on the Infant site, but could involve working at either site.
Paid weeks per year: 46.94 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Fixed term: Initially to August 2021
Start date: As soon as possible
About the role
Candidates will be able to provide evidence of:
- Successful recent experience of working with children with SEND
- Ability to communicate, and liaise sensitively and work effectively with parents, colleagues and outside agency professionals
- An ability to plan for an effective learning environment and curriculum
- An ability to contribute to planning for the child’s learning, adjusting and evaluating tasks
- Be adaptable and resourceful
- NVQ Level 3 for teaching assistants or relevant qualification
- Very good organisational skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- An ability to use ICT
- A willingness to undertake training and effectively put this into practice
Closing date: Noon, Friday 23rd October
Interview date: 4th November
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Hertford Road, Brighton, BN1 7GF, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (01273) 557341
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.