Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
At London Borough of Hillingdon, our mission of 'putting our residents first' is integrated into every area of the business. The role of Assistant Category Manager.
About the job
Working within a category focussed team, this is an exciting opportunity that will focus on the delivery and management of key strategic contracts for goods and services into London Borough of Hillingdon.
Reporting into the Strategic Sourcing Manager for Residents' Services, you will be a key player with a focus on the commercial delivery of the Councils top 100 projects.
Category knowledge areas are Construction, Social Care, Professional Services, ICT, Estates and FM.
The key deliverables for the role are:
- Managing a number of category projects at any given time; looking to redefine the Council's needs and requirements in order to ensure the best possible service delivery models
- Council's needs and requirements in order to ensure the best possible service delivery models
- Leading commercial negotiations with suppliers on all contracts in line with EU requirements
- Proactively seeking new opportunities for the Council to buy and deliver services in new and more efficient ways
- Demonstrating a strong people/project management focus
You will need the following:
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of procurement best practice and commercial delivery within a centralised function, gained from either the private or public
- Knowledge of category management and its commercial value coupled with the ability to challenge the ethos, influence and deliver best value
- Experience in Relationship Management, including supplier management, customer/stakeholder management, KPIs and continuous improvement.
- Degree qualified, CIPS qualified or equivalent
Why London Borough of Hillingdon
The Business Improvement Delivery programme within the Council has driven transformation projects, reducing costs and improving efficiency to ensure the continued delivery of high quality services that put residents first. Moving forward the Council is passionate about driving change, innovation and challenging the current ways of working through a new category management structure which will have a considerable positive impact. This is an environment where creative, commercial, passionate and inspirational people will be able to deliver solutions that truly make a difference.