Infrastructure Planning Officer
Full Time Permanent
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
Our vision is Ambitious for Redbridge, and to help us meet our challenges the Council is shaping its service areas to meet the needs and diversity of the population. As part of the vision we have recently undertaken a major restructure of the Planning, Property and Regeneration Services and are still currently recruiting to a number of new and exciting posts. The reorganisation of the service area enables the potential for career development and progression as we grow our team.
About the Role
Working within a busy Planning Policy Team, this post will play a significant role in ensuring the right infrastructure is secured and delivered to support growth, in line with the projects identified in the Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Plan (IDP).
Key responsibilities will include:
- To lead on the review, consultation and any necessary external examination of the CIL Charging Schedule and Regulation 123 list to ensure that it is fit for purpose and helps deliver the Council’s wider corporate priorities;
- To lead on the production of a new Planning Obligations Supplementary Planning Document;
- To lead on the delivery of the CIL Charging Schedule and Section 106 (S106) Agreements in accordance with national legislative requirements and priorities.
- To identify requirements for planning obligations and oversee, manage and monitor the income and other non-financial obligations relating to CIL/ S106 Agreements.
- Provide advice and support for individual infrastructure projects and be the main point of contact for any CIL/S106 related queries
- Assess the viability of developments and commissioning and managing additional advice from external consultants, if required, to support the viability on development proposals.
- To be the responsible lead and coordinator of fulfilling the duties required as the role of “Collecting Authority” on behalf of the Mayor; including matters relating to the collection and enforcement of financial obligations.
- To contribute to other areas of planning policy work and the Redbridge Local Plan as and when required.
For further information about the job role please contact: -
Planning Policy, Infrastructure and Urban Design Manager, Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: midnight 01 November 2020
Interviews will be scheduled during w/c 09 November 2020
To apply for this job please visit www.redbridge.gov.uk
Ambitious for Redbridge