Fixed term for 12 months.
Salary - £27,041 to £32,234
Reading is a large and very diverse town with great transport links (Rail and Bus), shopping and places to eat! We have great transport links with easy access to the M4 and M3 and easy access by train to London, Bristol, Birmingham and beyond.
We are a local authority working for the community. We are improving the lives of our residents…
Reading Borough Council is transforming the way it provides care and support by integrating care technologies into practice to enhance peoples’ quality of life.
A unique opportunity has arisen for an Assistive Technology Lead here in Reading as a part of our new and exciting Assistive Technology Service known as ‘TEC’.
About the role
You will be based within Reading Adult Social Care. You will responsible for developing and leading our new Assistive Technology Service, working closely with staff, community groups, health colleagues, and the assistive technology provider.
Promoting the use of assistive technology to give greater independence and control to disabled and older people in Reading, enabling them to continue to live in their own homes for longer.
With a passion for promoting strategic and operational change, as TEC Lead you will have a strong organisational role to lead Adult Social Care colleagues, as well as work collaboratively with practitioners across adult social care and health and other partners.
You will have access to our Learning and Development programme and be supported in your career and personal growth with opportunities to learn and develop. You will be supported with training and supervision from the Lead Occupational Therapist and additional support from a Project Management Lead.
You will work within the legal framework provided by the statute, guidance, policies and procedures.
You will need to have:
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience of delivering training
- Experience of managing meetings
- Ability to gather and analyse data
We want our TEC Service to stand out from the crowd and embrace new digital and technological solutions because we believe that technology should be better integrated into care and support packages.
What the CQC said about Reading...
‘A recent review by the Care Quality Commission recognized the good practice in the team here at Reading Borough Council.
Older people had a positive experience of health and social care services. People were treated with dignity, as individuals, and they found that services were provided in a timely and consistent way.’
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement – starting from 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities including working from home
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
- 'Your Reading Passport' scheme - competitive rates for local gyms
If you have any specific questions or need further information, please contact: Carole Lee Lead OT on 0118 937 4712 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 18th October 2020
Interview date: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.