Education Caseworker - Virtual School
Salary: SO1 (£30,585 to £31,557)
X1 Permanent, Full time (36 hours) position
We are seeking to recruit an educational caseworker to join the Virtual School for Looked After Children based at Triangle House in Palmers Green. The post holder will support the Council’s looked after children and care leavers to meet their full potential both individually and as a group. Duties will be varied and will include liaising with schools and other educational settings, working with social workers and professional assistants and coordinating intensive and bespoke support for those children with the most complex needs. There will be some direct work with children and young people incorporated into the role.
The virtual school is part of the Council’s multi-agency Health and Education Access and Resources (HEART) team and the post holder will benefit from working alongside specialist CAMHS, education and health colleagues. The team is co-located with other services for looked after children including the social work teams and the fostering and adoption services. It is based at Triangle House in Palmers Green. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Suzanne Rowson, Head of the Virtual School and Manager of the HEART team.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. Your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 22nd October 2020
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Suzanne Rowson on 07957 449 239 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.