Salary: £25,000 - £34,999 per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Closing date: Monday 19 October 2020
How to apply: please complete the online application via https://www.escgcareers.co.uk/current-vacancies
About the role
As a leading FE college and one of the largest providers of Apprenticeships in the South East, East Sussex College Group is currently recruiting for a Plumbing Assessor/Tutor
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess Plumbing Installation industry experience, qualifications, and occupational competence up to level 3 (up to level 5 desirable).
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification, i.e. Cert Ed, or be willing to undertake this.
- Hold a TAQA Assessors qualification or equivalent i.e. A1/D32/D33
- Hold a TAQA IQA qualification or equivalent (desirable) i.e. V1
- Have recent experience of delivering English, Maths and ICT Functional Skills up to L2
- Have relevant work-based assessment experience in Plumbing Installation
- Have experience working on a 1-2-1 basis or small groups
- Be willing to travel both local and out of area
- Experience of working to challenging deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Possess excellent IT skills and the ability to quickly learn new systems and e-portfolio platforms
- Conduct assessment needs of learners including fully preparing learners for End Point Assessment
- Be able to teach and assess across a range of programmes both classroom theory and workshop practical including online courses as appropriate
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with employers and learners that promotes the timely achievement of learner’s qualifications and programmes within the agreed timescale.
- Provide appropriate information, advice, teaching, learning and assessment relevant to the individual
- Work closely with employers, Managers, and curriculum staff where applicable to ensure timely completion
- Be able to take on the role of Study Programme Tutor SPT to monitor and track learners across their programme of learning at college and achievement
- Establishing of a safe working environment for any potential learner at an employer site and thereafter carry out regular monitoring of the learner’s workplace that ensures a continued safe learning environment.
- Compliance with ESFA and other authorities with respect to the accurate and full completion of learner start, review and completion paperwork and any policies and procedures associated with teaching, learning and assessment.
- Management of own continual professional development to ensure currency with the area of occupation.
- Plan, manage & organise a caseload of learners.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
Closing date: Monday, 19 October 2020
To apply for this role, please complete the online application via https://www.escgcareers.co.uk/current-vacancies
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.