Welcome to Tower Hamlets
Tower Hamlets Council supports the UK’s most dynamic place. We are working to make our borough a safer, cleaner and fairer place to live.
Tower Hamlets is the second most densely populated local authority in the country.
We are a borough of contrasts. As with any inner city area, Tower Hamlets has issues including crime, pollution and ensuring new developments support our existing communities as well as new ones. There are great disparities of wealth and our borough also has significant health problems.
We are becoming smarter, more agile and strategic in our approach to delivering services and how we work as an organisation.
We need to be brave, take more risks and deliver change at a faster pace. We push ourselves to improve by measuring our outcomes and using external reviews.Our Intelligence & Performance Service is looking for two senior data analysts to develop a range of reports for key line of business applications. These roles will play a critical part in moving forward our business intelligence transformation and build on our recently enhanced children's and adults' social care software.
- To ensure that access to timely and accurate information for managers and staff in client Directorates is coordinated and comprehensive.
- To lead the provision of high-quality dashboards and reports that meet the performance and intelligence needs of managers at different levels within the client Directorates.
- To ensure that improvements in our business intelligence functions are delivered through collaboration with colleagues in Intelligence and Performance and IT.
- Knowledge of the key duties and functions of Adult Social Care, Children’s Social Care or local authority Education support services.
- Substantial experience of report development using specialist applications (i.e SSRS, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, or other SQL based tools).
- Experience of using data visualisation applications (such as Tableau, Qlikview or Power BI) to construct and effectively communicate data stories.
- Experience of working with social care case management systems such as Mosaic, or with education and early help case management systems such as Synergy.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service
(DBS). The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children. It replaces the Criminal Records Bureau CRB) and Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA).
Tower Hamlets Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
These posts are subject to an organisational review expected to be implemented in April 2021. Appointment will be on the basis of a fixed term contract, which will end when the post is deleted and no later than 30 June 2021.
In line with current government guidance, the posts will be temporarily home-based until further notice. Applicants should note that this may change in the future. Successful applicants will be required to attend the office for induction purposes and to collect equipment. Travel costs to the office will not be reimbursed.Interviews will take place during the week beginning 2nd November 2020.