Job Title: Senior Child Care Officer (2 positions available)
Salary: NJC23 £27,741 + 2 RASC points to NJC25 £29,577
Contract: 37 hours per week
Location: North East Lincolnshire
Do you have the passion to make a difference...
...then why not become part of our team?
We firmly believe that that North East Lincolnshire Council is a great place to work.
We are a small, friendly Council and we are proud to employ over 1,600 people. Our dedicated staff group provide an extensive range of services to over 159,000 local residents. Visit our website nelincs.gov.uk and click on the Browse Services tab to see more.
We believe that our people have the opportunity to make a difference by working to a set of common values which enable positive change to take place within our organisation and the community which it serves.
A small county with a lot going on. We are proud to boast that North East Lincolnshire contains not only Grimsby and Immingham, the largest port complex in the Country but also the award-winning resort of Cleethorpes. The area is also a key location for renewable energy.
We would like to encourage all applicants to Discover NEL at www.discovernel.co.uk
What we Offer at NELC
North East Lincolnshire is a great place to work and there are lots of benefits our employees can access. Here are some of the main benefits:
- Flexible Working Options – agile working, compressed hours, term time working, flexi-time, home working. All to enable a work/life balance.
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme – saves tax and national insurance by exchanging part of your gross salary for non-cash benefits such as; Holiday Extra – to purchase additional annual leave, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme and Tusker Cars (beneficial rate car lease)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health Cash Plan – to claim cash back on a range of healthcare costs
- Credit Union
- Discounts on mobile phones, computers, holiday and travel, fashion and clothing, health & beauty and many other products and services
- Car Parking Permit
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- A minimum of 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays per year (based on a 37 hour week)
We are looking for applicants who are ready to develop their leadership skills in residential childcare. This is a challenging opportunity working with children up until the age of 18, some with additional needs in a residential home/ Respite setting.
Our children’s homes pride ourselves on delivering positive childhood experiences to local children and young people from the borough within NELINCS. As part of your leadership role you will be expected to supervise a team of childcare officers, provide 1:1 supervision to them, demonstrate rota management skills, attend meetings and deputise tasks for the home Manager.
Applicants not only need to meet the job specification (NVQ 3 or QCF 3) but also need to be passionate, motivated, creative, have excellent report writing skills, set a positive example and be ready to learn new skills. This will be an exciting and rewarding role.
How to Apply
To apply, please click the ‘apply online’ link below.
All applicants are advised to carefully read the information provided in the Role Profile and Employee Specification and provide clear evidence to support their application paying attention to these documents.
All application forms need to be submitted by Monday 19th October 2020 at 12pm and available for interview on the Thursday 22nd October 2020. Applicants who are not available on this day, should not apply.
If you require an informal discussion about the role, please contact Grace Rouse on 01472 325313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org