Senior Information Governance Officer
Full Time Permanent
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the London Borough of Redbridge for a Senior Information Governance Officer to join the Council to promote Information Governance awareness throughout the Council and to ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements.
You will report to the Information Governance Manager within the Resources Directorate. You will also work closely with key stakeholders to assess information governance risks and play a key role in the delivery of the cross organisational information governance projects.
You will provide the Council with expert advice and guidance on aspects of information governance to ensure regulatory compliance and information management practice including GDPR.
- Provide oversight for the Disclosures (SARs, FOIs, EIRs) process and as act as investigating officer for data protection breaches within the Authority.
- Provide oversight and expertise on complex questions regarding DPIAs and ISAs.
- Lead on the production and maintenance of the Information Governance Framework, including: guidance, policies, procedures, forms, privacy notices and templates.
- Deputise for the Information Governance Manager in their absence.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Proven experience in data protection / information governance plus good knowledge of the GDPR
- Experience of developing information governance frameworks and an understanding of best practice in the field of data protection and data sharing
- An ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Qualification in Data Protection/information Governance desirable
- Knowledge and experience of Records Management
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and Information Security
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Experience of investigation and management of incidents and root cause analysis
- Project management and organisation skills
If you feel you meet the above requirements and are keen to join an ambitious, dynamic and innovative team, we would like to hear from you. Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing Date: 20th October 2020
To apply for this job please visit www.redbridge.gov.uk
Ambitious for Redbridge