Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
Manage and co-ordinate development of Hillingdon's Post 16 strategy related to education, employment and training of young people to include learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities. Engage key stakeholders, including schools, business, colleges and training providers, to ensure robust Post 16 borough- wide education, training and apprenticeship offer within the context of raising participation age and young people who are not in education, employment or training.
To apply for this role, you will be flexible and ready to take on responsibility and deliver results, adapting to changing demands and overcoming problems to ensure that objectives are met.
You will possess key competencies including, demonstrable written and verbal communication skills, presenting skills, team-working ability, customer care knowledge and a "can do" positive attitude.
When discussing your experience, you will be able to share your significant experience of working within the Post 16 education sector. In addition, you should be able to evidence times when you developed and implemented commissioning strategies in the context of post 16 education, including learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities to 24 yrs.
If you feel that the above applies to you and you feel that you meet the requirements of the person specification attached then we would love to hear from you!
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses