To provide administrative support so that colleagues are assisted to deliver services to the public. To contribute to meeting team priorities and ensure confidentiality and other controls are maintained.
This post requires sound knowledge of the critical tools and attributes of a successful office and how to provide an effective support service to busy colleagues. This includes:
• A good understanding of key administrative procedures including minute taking
• The ability to use Microsoft office packages to file, communicate and record effectively.
• Proficiency with computer systems, so that systems are learned promptly and used effectively.
• Knowledge of local services and systems developed over time, so that administrative services are responsive to local needs, and so that specialist administrative processes can be carried out effectively.
• Understanding of formatting for letter writing and good presentation of documents, to contribute to the team’s reputation.
• Efficient and capable use of office equipment including photocopier, fax and phone.
• Understanding of equal opportunities underpinning all activities.
• Knowledge of corporate standards, policies and other requirements pertinent to the job, developed within a reasonable period, and used to inform and improve support to colleagues.