Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Sunday 25 October 2020
Interview date: to be arranged
For an informal discussion, please contact Catherine Al Hashmi (Senior Administrator) on 01424 725386 or Janice Phillips (Intermediate Care Manager) on 01323 424942.
About the role
To provide administrative support so that colleagues are assisted to deliver services to the public. To contribute to meeting team priorities and ensure confidentiality and other controls are maintained.
This post requires sound knowledge of the critical tools and attributes of a successful office and how to provide an effective support service to busy colleagues. This includes:
• A good understanding of key administrative procedures including minute taking
• The ability to use Microsoft office packages to file, communicate and record effectively.
• Proficiency with computer systems, so that systems are learned promptly and used effectively.
• Knowledge of local services and systems developed over time, so that administrative services are responsive to local needs, and so that specialist administrative processes can be carried out effectively.
• Understanding of formatting for letter writing and good presentation of documents, to contribute to the team’s reputation.
• Efficient and capable use of office equipment including photocopier, fax and phone.
• Understanding of equal opportunities underpinning all activities.
• Knowledge of corporate standards, policies and other requirements pertinent to the job, developed within a reasonable period, and used to inform and improve support to colleagues.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to http://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. Please note that we require evidence of an overseas police check if you have lived or worked abroad.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.