We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our busy Financial Services team at Castle Point Borough Council, providing high quality financial and accounting services across the Council. The role includes budget preparation, financial monitoring & reporting, provision of financial advice and support to departmental budget holders, completion of statutory returns and assisting in the closure of accounts.
Successful candidates will hold a full CCAB or CIMA qualification or be part qualified and currently studying to attain full qualification. Experience of Local Government finance is highly desirable but not essential. Candidates will be required to demonstrate through application or interview:
- Experience in budget setting, forecasting, monitoring and reporting;
- Experience and responsibility in closure of annual accounts processes;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- An inquisitive mind and good analytical skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own;
- Ability to work methodically, accurately, and to deadlines and targets with minimum supervision;
- A consistently high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Very good computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
We offer a competitive salary and entry to the local government pension scheme, together with training and staff benefits.
Following a short induction period, there is potential for this role to be fully home based.
For an informal discussion regarding this post please contact Lance Wosko on 01268 882223.
Apply online via link below, or contact HR on 01268 882293/4 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
CVs alone will not be accepted.
Closing date: 4.00 pm on Monday 26th October 2020
Interviews are expected to be held via video call week commencing 9th November 2020
This Council is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and we expect all our employees to share this commitment.
Castle Point Borough Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer