Lincolnshire County Council's Place and Investment Team are looking to recruit a Senior Project Assistant on a full time, fixed term basis. This position is fixed term for 24 months, however there is potential for a further extension if funding allows.
The purpose of the role will be to assist in delivering varied programmes of activity to support the strategic investment agenda for Lincolnshire through working with investors, developers, influencers, Team Lincolnshire ambassadors and foreign direct owned businesses to champion Lincolnshire as a place to live, work and invest.
About the Role:
The postholder will be responsible for supporting the Place Directorate's plans and delivery strategies in relation to investment growth including;
- Administering and supporting the delivery of the Team Lincolnshire Ambassador Programme through day to day administration including membership renewals, supporting new members, marketing campaigns, managing social media and TL website updates, creation of Newsletters and event organisation and delivery - internationally, nationally and regionally.
- Supporting businesses through the delivery of the Foreign Direct Investment Key Account Management Programme across the region.
- Being the first point of contact with businesses requiring support, advice and guidance.
- Supporting businesses in their investment plans for growth and attracting new inward investments to the region.
- Promoting the region as a place for investment in order to attract new businesses and create new jobs.
- Keeping up to date and accurate databases, spreadsheets and CRM system.
- Administering financial procedures such as raising POs, invoices etc.
- Supervising and monitoring contracted projects to ensure they meet the outlined contract.
- To deputise for the Senior Place & Investment Officer on a regular basis at meetings
About the Place and Investment Team
The Place and Investment Team is a fast paced, dynamic and friendly team, our role is exciting and varied and is focussed on delivering a range of activities to achieve the objectives of the region's Investment Strategy which aims to deliver economic growth and create new jobs. This includes the administration and delivery of the Team Lincolnshire Ambassador Programme, account management of foreign owned businesses, attracting new inward investment into the region and unblocking barriers to investment.
We deliver our support by working with and influencing a wide range of partner organisations including other LCC teams, Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership, Midlands Engine, Department for International Trade, local providers, Team Lincolnshire ambassadors, the private sector and other key stakeholders.
About the Candidate:
The role is very varied and will suit someone who enjoys lots of differing challenges. You will need to be enthusiastic, tenacious and able to multitask when managing conflicting deadlines. You will possess excellent organisational and administrative skills, able to self-prioritise, have exceptional attention to detail, be a confident and effective communicator and be fully computer literate. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner who enjoys supporting a team that manages multiple delivery functions. Previous experience of working in an Economic Development / Inward Investment environment is essential. Marketing and event management experience is desirable.
If you are organised, innovative and enjoy a variety of challenges, then we would welcome an application from you. You will be joining a team of 4 who are passionate about driving forward the economy through working closely with businesses and key stakeholders to make a positive impact across the region.
It is essential that applicants are able to travel around the county as this will be required in order to meet with businesses and participate in the delivery of events.
We are offering a competitive salary of £25,991 - £28,672, along with a pension, a comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes, cycle to work, civil service sports council membership and many areas for professional support and development.
If this sounds like the role for you, then please read through the full Job Description, to help you do the best application possible, before clicking apply! Please ensure that your covering letter/personal statement clearly details why you applied and how you meet the essential criteria for the position.
If you would like to know more about Lincolnshire County Council and our current vacancies then click the following link: www.lincolnshire.gov.uk . If you would like an open and informal discussion regards this role then please contact Karen Seal on 07770 435606.
Applications Close on 11/10/2020 and interviews will be held 28/10/2020 & 29/10/2020.
Skills testing may be undertaken at interview stage.