We are looking for a Compliance Manager to provide an effective technical assurance service in respect to the Mechanical and Electrical cyclical requirements, asbestos management in accordance with CAR legislation, water risk management, Fire Risk Assessments, lifts and lifting equipment and general health and safety including Construction Design Management Regulations.
As a Compliance Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement technical and performance standards for buildings, ensuring that services and projects provided via the organisation's agents, consultants and contractors comply with the relevant corporate governance responsibilities, technical specifications and standards to deliver value for money and fit for purpose buildings
- Ensure that appropriate systems and procedures are in place for SCC to effectively manage and control the delivery of standards, manage budgets, forecast and planning for building compliance and corporate H&S
- Clear and concise communication, presenting and reporting to senior management on compliance
- Identification of opportunities to improve processes and procedures for compliance management, monitoring and reporting
- Line management of the compliance team
This role will be covering being part of the development, implementation and ongoing management of strategic, assurance and daily operation for SCC. The post holder will have the ability to not only understand technical details, but also be able to confidently handle communications with senior management and be able to provide advice and works progress.
To be shortlisted for interview your application and personal statement must clearly evidence the following as a minimum requirement:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent substantial experience of electrical systems and standards at a similar level with a minimum 5 years relevant experience at similar level
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Satisfactory DBS clearance required
- Be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Manage financial budgets and be able to forecast
- Good knowledge of IT systems, especially Word, Excel, Outlook
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.Additional Information
For an informal discussion please contact Georgina Haire via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 04/10/2020 with interviews to follow.
Please note that Surrey County Council’s headquarters, where this role is currently based, will be phasing a relocation back into Surrey to support our Community Vision 2030.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.Company Information
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.