We supported Nadia to come in from the cold. Now she’s rebuilding her life
We believe everyone should have a place to call home. You can help make this happen
We’re always looking for better ways of doing things. How can we make the most of our resources and get vulnerable people back on their feet more quickly? You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll need to use your initiative. To deliver better today. And to create a better tomorrow. Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
We are a small team within the wider Housing & Welfare Service working to make a big impact on the lives of some of the most vulnerable in the borough. Always faced paced, often challenging but rewarding and every day is different.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Work to reduce rough sleeping in the borough by regular outreach work
- Work with clients to prevent homelessness by providing them with tenancy sustainment
- Undertake assessments with clients to ascertain their needs and support them to find, secure and move into appropriate accommodation
- Develop positive relationships with clients to ensure best possible outcomes and to address issues of social isolation and exclusion
- Ensure that clients have access to specialist services utilising both internal and external partners
The benefits you will experience are…
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident and reliable person who has Experience of providing outreach services with individuals rough sleeping on the streets. You will have:
- Knowledge of the issues affecting single homeless people and an understanding of the causes of and pathways out of homelessness
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied case load of work
- Experience of agreeing individualised client focused care and support systems for homeless people, including key working, care planning and joint working with internal and external agencies
Interviews will be held on 26 October 2020
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Graeme Willis
Job Title: Rough Sleeper Team Manager
Phone Number: 01344 351548
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified