An exciting and rewarding opportunity has opened for an enthusiastic individual to join the Blaenau Gwent Youth Service team and help to develop the services new digital arm. The role will require knowledge of various digital platforms and on-line gaming in particular Minecraft, in order to provide a range of activities, mentor, support and provide information and guidance to young people through a virtual youth work model.
As a Youth Activity Worker-Digital you will work in partnership with other agencies, to design, implement and engage young people through digital and weekly on-line gaming sessions. The Youth Activity Worker-Digital will also be responsible for developing and delivery of a full programme of activities and intervention for young people taking into account their views.
You will develop strong links with partners in order to help meet the needs of the young people and grant funders; to provide a comprehensive and holistic programme of work, whilst also addressing barriers some young people may face.
Essential to the role is a Level 2 Youth Support Worker Qualification and registration with the Education Workforce Council. Based remotely, you will also have experience of appropriate digital platforms and on-line gaming, to be able to work with young people in a virtual setting. Experience of working with young people through a variety of settings is also desirable.
Required skills include;
- Up to date knowledge on appropriate digital platforms that are suitable for young people
- excellent interpersonal / communication skills with the ability to relate to and enthuse young people,
- the ability to work independently and as part of a multi-agency team,
- the ability to assess the needs of young people and develop appropriate programme of works, and
- a high level of personal resilience, including the ability to manage conflict and deal with stressful situations.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Closing Date 08.10.2020 – 12.00 midnight
Interview Date 16.10.2020